Cisco 877W Router ( Newbie )

Hi, recently purchased a 877W router. New to IOS but thought this would be a good opportunity to learn. Originally was hoping to use this for DSL but things didnt work out ( something about Verizon upgrading their equipment ). So now I have a wireless cable modem as my net connection which is all the way in the living room. In another room my 3 desktops are connected to the 877W router via the Ethernet ports. My problem is that I'm trying to bring up the Dot11Radio0 interface but:

Dot11Radio0 is reset, line protocol is down Hardware is 802.11G Radio, address is 0014.a410.6c70 (bia

0014.a410.6c70) Internet address is 192.168.0.50/24 MTU 1500 bytes, BW 54000 Kbit, DLY 1000 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00 Last input never, output never, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters never Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0 Queueing strategy: fifo

I cant seem to bring up the DotRadio0 interface. Everything so far is at the factory default settings. Any help would be great.

Reply to
n0mailplease
Loading thread data ...

Try this forum,

formatting link

Reply to
Bimmer

On access points the wireless on most devices is down by default, I'm guessing you've tried the "no shut" command under that interface ?

Reply to
corb

Yes, thats giving me the reset.

Reply to
n0mailplease

If you are totally unexperienced with IOS then you should probably use either SDM Express or SDM to do the heavy work for you of getting the interface up and running.

Once it's up and running then you can jump into the CLI if need be to do some tweaking.

Reply to
gray.wizard

you have to follow some steps. go there:

formatting link
> On access points the wireless on most devices is down by default, I'm

Reply to
news_user

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.