Cisco 877 cabling

Hi all

I've some questions regarding cabling my Cisco 877 to my DSL line. Router gets not in sync whereas my fritz.box is in sync within seconds.

Is it possible to connect my Cisco to my splitter or has it to be connected directly to my line?

If it's possible what is the pin layout? In this case i have to use another cable than the delivered magenta one. The magenta one has two RJ11 plugs whereas my splitter has a RJ45 jack.

Thanks in advance

Andre

Reply to
Andre Wisniewski
Loading thread data ...

Are you aware of the fact, that the Cisco 877 has a ADSL over POTS modem? That means on nearly all lines in Germany it won't work.

For details see:

formatting link
Especially:

876: ADSL over ISDN (ADSL2/ADSL2+ Annex B) 877: ADSL over analog telephone lines (ADSL2/ADSL2+ Annex A and Annex M)

Even if you have only an analog line, the Annex B is used in Germany.

You have to connect the Cisco router to the splitter.

Only the inner two pins are used. If you use the RJ11 cable, it should work as the other pins are unused anyway.

With kind regards Markus

Reply to
Markus Marquardt

formatting link

So, i have to use 876 instead of 877 even though i have an analog line?

Thought so.

I was right with that, too.

Reply to
Andre Wisniewski

Yes, i think so. You could check which standard is used by the Fritzbox which works (maybe there's a label or something on it) - i guess it is Annex B (ADSL over ISDN). If so, the Cisco device must be the same type

- in your case the 876.

With kind regards Markus

Reply to
Markus Marquardt

Just an addition, please see

formatting link
Especially the text related to "Verbreitung":

Germany is the only country where only Annex B is used - regardless if you have an ISDN or analog line.

With kind regards Markus

Reply to
Markus Marquardt

Very very helpful. Thanks a lot

Reply to
Andre Wisniewski

This is more Deutsche Telekom related not country related. In Croatia we also have Annex B over ISDN or analog.

Reply to
Samoborac

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.