Cisco 857 - Username Cisco expired

Hello I have logged in via Telnet on a brand new 857w router with the cisco username (password: cisco) but I havent created another user account.

The cisco username is no longer valid as it has expired after one use. I need to reset my router back to default, so I can configure using SDM

How do I do this??

Reply to
mbanyon
Loading thread data ...

Console into the router, then power cycle it. As its rebooting hit the "break | pause" button on your keyvboard, and you get to the rommon1>

prompt.Then type rommon1>confreg 2142 rommon2>reset The router comes back on as if it were new---answer no to the first question, and sometimes it asks a second question (do you want to terminate autoinstall, or something...)---answer yes to the second question if it asks. Then hit enter and you get router>

in a few seconds. Then router>en router#copy start run create a new account: router#conf t router(config)#username bob priv 15 password bob set register back router(config)#confreg 0x2102 router(config)#exit router#wr router#reboot

and that should let you login with bob/bob

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.