no username set? SDM

I just got this new router witch some SDM installed on it. I wrote "no username cisco" but didn't realize that I must set a new username. So...now I can't access the router. How do I fix this?

Reply to
duxiana
Loading thread data ...

You may want to investigate Cisco's Security Device Manager Documentation:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for the link about the documentation - but since the only way to access the router is by console cable, and it's asking for username all the time (I dont't have a username!!!) I can't access the router and do all this fancy commands that are described in the documentation. I'm looking for some way of doing factory reset or something, so that the username and password will turn back into default. Perhaps it is described in the link - but I sure can't find it. :-(

Reply to
duxiana

Resetting to Factory Defaults:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The thing is - I can't reset it since I can't access the router. Its' only asking for username...username....username....username....forever and ever.... and I have not set a username - the default is cisco/cisco

- but i wrote "no username cisco" at the prompt and now I just can't access it. Not by telnet, by web, by console ....

Reply to
duxiana

Hm..now I have managed to find a password recovery document which has fixed my problem! Problem solved! Thanks for your help anyway :-)

Reply to
duxiana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.