Cisco 5300 issues

Hello everybody!

I would very much appreciate someones help in configuring the NFAS primary D-channel on one channelized T1 controller and binding the D-channel to an IUA application server. Below is an existing configuration where 10.16.71.220 is an IP address of the Cisco 5300:

iua

AS as5300 10.16.71.220 2577

AS as5300 sctp-streams 2

AS as5300 sctp-t1init 1000

ASP asp1 AS as5300 10.16.233.40 9900

! !

controller T1 0

framing esf

clock source line primary

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-23 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 0 iua as5300

!

controller T1 1

framing esf

clock source line secondary 1

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-23 nfas_d none nfas_int 1 nfas_group 0

!

controller T1 2

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-23 nfas_d none nfas_int 2 nfas_group 0

!

controller T1 3

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-23 nfas_d none nfas_int 3 nfas_group 0

!

Unfortunately my numerous attempts to bring D-channel into service using TDM equipment have failed, although in case of a non-IUA configuration (pri-group timeslots 1-23 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 0) it goes into service immediately.

In addition, I would very much appreciate if someone could shed some light why the Cisco 5300 is sending VERSION and GROUP SERVICE messages in response to the Q.931 SETUP. These two messages are not part of the Q.931 ITU-T specification, therefore we don't know how to handle them.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards, Serge

Reply to
reserge
Loading thread data ...

If you are seeing invalid setup messages, the 5300 and the server are not talking the same Q.931 language. Q.931 is not like TCP/IP where there is only one type. Each switch vendor has their own version and is set on the

5300 using the ISDN switch-type command. NI2 is suppose to be the common ground, but there can be some are incompatibilities between different devices using this version, most of which are related to call setup messages and can be corrected using various ISDN commands on the 5300. I have also seen cases where everything but NFAS works. Find out the switch-type that is being emulated by the server, and set the 5300 to the same. ISDN is also has the concept of user-side and network-side (master/slave). One side must be network and the other user for this to work.
Reply to
thrill5

Greetings Scott!

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll configure both sides as NI2, we'll see... As far as I know there's no way to configure Cisco for IUA support as FAS, but would greatly appreciate your help if you know how. Yes, I know about master/slave concept, therefore both sides were configured as network/terminal. Frankly speaking, I'm not a big ISDN expert, nevertheless spent several years in SS7 and fully aware about different ISUP (ISDN User Part) variants. Well, if I understand it correctly Q.931 is an ITU protocol, therefore standard message flow should apply...

SETUP

------------->

CALL PROCEEDING only one type. Each switch vendor has their own version and is set on the

Reply to
reserge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.