Cisco 3750G - SC to LC ?

We have a Cisco 3750G-24TS with 4 SFP ports, currently that have 2 gigabit transceivers in them that have LC connectors, for 100base-sx. The SFP is GLC-SX-MM part code.

However we have an existing infrastructure that uses HP Procurves with fibre connected into SC connectors. If we replace one of the Procurves with the Cisco 3750 I need to connect the existing fibre that has SC interface into the 3750 somehow. What are my options ? Does there exist an SC female to LC male convertor ? It seems Cisco don't sell SC transceivers for use with the 3750.

-- Michael

Reply to
Michael Pye
Loading thread data ...

Hello, Michael! You wrote on Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:52:48 +0000:

MP> We have a Cisco 3750G-24TS with 4 SFP ports, currently that have MP> 2 gigabit transceivers in them that have LC connectors, for MP> 100base-sx. The SFP is GLC-SX-MM part code.

MP> However we have an existing infrastructure that uses HP Procurves MP> with fibre connected into SC connectors. If we replace one of the MP> Procurves with the Cisco 3750 I need to connect the existing MP> fibre that has SC interface into the 3750 somehow. What are my MP> options ? Does there exist an SC female to LC male convertor ? It MP> seems Cisco don't sell SC transceivers for use with the 3750.

There is a plenty LC-to-SC patch cords out there.

With best regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

Thanks. Yes I have seen some of these but they appear to be male on both ends, i.e. we would need to replace the existing cable we are using. We cant do this as the cabling is already laid by our provider so we need an SC female to LC male cable/adapter.

-- Michael

Reply to
Michael Pye

Hello, Michael! You wrote on Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:56:44 +0000:

MP> Thanks. Yes I have seen some of these but they appear to be male MP> on both ends, i.e. we would need to replace the existing cable we MP> are using. We cant do this as the cabling is already laid by our MP> provider so we need an SC female to LC male cable/adapter.

Is there fiber optics patch panel? If yes, can receptacles be replaced? Another options is something like that

formatting link
With best regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

W artykule Michael Pye napisa³(a):

It's very easy. Just buy SM SC-SC duplex adapter and SM SC-LC patchcord.

Reply to
Tomasz Paszkowski

Thanks for that - we've now done that :) after we finally worked it out. Why SM (singlemode?) though? We are using multimode fibre at the moment.

-- Michael

Reply to
Michael Pye

W artykule Michael Pye napisa³(a):

I thought that you're using mm fibres ;)

Reply to
Tomasz Paszkowski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.