Cisco 3750, 2960, and SFP's OH MY!!

Hi All,

I have a question about SFP's at 100Mbs.

I want to connect multiple 2960's to the Cisco WS-C3750-24FS-S (24

100BASE-FX ports). My question is can I use the SFP GLC-FE-100FX= module to shoot 100Mbps to the 3750?? And yes it HAS to be fiber connections!

Thanks!

-Jason

Reply to
jawill8301
Loading thread data ...

Yes for the -TC models

formatting link
But that table is out of date and does not mention the -TT models at all. And the gigabit equivilent table claims no support for the gigabit GLC's on the 2960s, which is clearly wrong according to the current product documentation which speaks of gigabit SFPs.

So, what you can look at is:

formatting link
and scroll down about 40% to "Ease of Use and Deployment", and notice there that it says,

1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX/LH, 1000BASE-ZX, 1000BASE-BX, 100BASE-FX, 100BASE-LX, 100BASE-BX, and coarse wavelength-division multiplexing (CWDM) physical interface support through a field-replaceable SFP module provides unprecedented flexibility in switch deployment.

this -implies- that there is currently 100BASE-FX SFP support on all of the 2960s that have SFPs. But if you happen to have a -TT then likely it would be better to cross-check with Cisco in case this is a feature not yet available on those devices.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.