Cisco 3620 Router - Boot up Problems

I have a Cisco 3620 router, which would not Boot up. It displays complete garbage in special characters (like a corrupted file). What can I do to fix this error? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
ken2000
Loading thread data ...

Try setting your serial port to 115200 - it's possible somebody changed the line speed in the configuration and you're seeing a line rate mismatch.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

There are other possible speeds too!!!

Quite a few.

I am not sure but I think that if you go into the rom monitor (in hyperterm [cntrl]break during startup) that the rate always reverts to 9600,n,1,no-handshake. Then you can configure the router to start ignoring the config file. Then you can do a "show startup-config" to see what it is set to and reboot knowing how to set your terminal.

If you look for the "password recovery" doc for your platform you wll get the idea. Or ask for more help.

Reply to
Bod43

Hi Ken,

You may wish to investigate Hardware Troubleshooting for the Cisco 3600 Series Router:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

serial port to 115200 - it's possible somebody changed the

Reply to
ken2000

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.