Cisco 2800 and VOiP gateway integration

Hello guys. I've got a Cisco 2800 series router acting as a PBX in our company. It's connected to the telco using trunked ISDN lines and there's a network of IP phone within the company. All is working fine. But I'd like to connect an analogue fax to this infrastructure. Obviously I won't be able to connect it directly to the ISDN line, so I'd like to make use of IP part of the network. I've bought a VoIP gateway (LinkSys PAP2T-EU) which I'd like to integrate with the Cisco router over SIP protocol.

Proxy address (on a gateway) is pointing to the router and it looks like it's trying to authenticate itself:

Sep 12 14:56:42.426: VOICE_REG_POOL: Register request for (starterdwa331) from (10.10.10.100) Sep 12 14:56:42.426: VOICE_REG_POOL: Invalid destination pattern (starterdwa331)

...but I've no idea, how to authorize it and let it connect to the router. And what pattern is it asking about?

Here's the part of my config:

[...] voice service voip allow-connections sip to sip sip registrar server expires max 600 min 60 ! voice class codec 1 codec preference 1 g711ulaw ! voice register pool 10 id mac 0016.B691.3557
Reply to
NrG
Loading thread data ...

In case someone else got the same problem - subscriber's id ("starterdwa331" in my example) should match the dial-peer associated with the gateway. As I didn't have such relation, the router didn't let the gateway in as long as I hadn't changed it to the real number I wanted the fax to be at.

Let's assume:

- changed subscriber's ID on the gateway (to 12420XX05)

- modified the dial-peer from...

dial-peer voice 2000 voip destination-pattern 05$ session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.10.10.100:5060 session transport udp codec g726r32

...to...

dial-peer voice 2000 voip destination-pattern 12420XX05 session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.10.10.100:5060 session transport udp codec g726r32

After that, you the tone could be heard in a speaker (and a LINE led on a gateway has turned on).

Thanks to my colleagues Tomek and Romek :)

Marcin.

Reply to
NrG

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.