Cisco 1700

Hey all.

Ok most of you are going to hate this. We have a cisco 1700 router sitting around. I want to start learning the basics.

Can you help me get into it. I know this is not what you all want to hear. I just want to know how to start accessing it.

SO...

What is the best way to access it? Telnet or Hypterterminal?

I have the console cable and so on. I dont know the IP. I asked no on knows it. It has been sitting on the bench and our cisco guy has left so i cant ask him

How can I get into it?

If you can help i would appreciate it.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
dang
Loading thread data ...

You sort of answered your own question :-)

Reply to
Rod Dorman

yea i realized that. i was using telnet just now. but i cant seem to access the router. i was trying

open but i have the wrong host

Reply to
dang

pretty much is the same.........

formatting link

Reply to
<Anthrax>

formatting link

Thanks Guys appreciate it. you will probably hear from me again.

Peace Dan

Reply to
dang

I have a cisco 1700 running IOS 12.1(8). It is running as the gateway between us and our ISP They have given me the username/password for the

1700 and I am trying to setup a deny for port 6881 in and out. But everytime i set it up it cuts our DNS. I'm at a loss. I haven't used any cisco stuff in a long time and can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. the command I tried was this

router(config)#access-list 110 deny tcp any any eq 6881 router(config-if)#ip access-group 110 in

and at that point our net goes down. I get cut from the telnet session i'm in and I have to reset the router. any help? I also tried:

router(config)#access-list 110 deny tcp any #.#.#.# 0.0.0.0 eq 6881 (where the # is our IP) router(config-if)#ip access-group 110 in

Please can someone help me? We are getting a flood of 6881 syn packets from a huge number of sources. At first I thought it was BitTorrent but it has been continuing for 3 days now and I have checked every machine and we have no BT clients running.

Reply to
IshmaelDS

There is an implicit deny any any at the bottom of every access-list, doing it the way you are doing it you just need to add in access-list

110 allow ip any any, make sure to remove the rule then paste them both in at the same time because the allow rule must be at the bottom.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Oh and also, what ip address have you actually specified, why not block this traffic to all ip addresses? deny tcp any any eq 6881

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

access-list 110 deny tcp any any eq 6881

is equivalent to

no access-list 110 access-list 110 deny tcp any any eq 6881 access-list 110 deny ip any any

What you want I imagine is

no access-list 110 access-list 110 deny tcp any any eq 6881 access-list 110 permit ip any any

Reply to
anybody43

Reply to
IshmaelDS

Reply to
IshmaelDS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.