ATX Redundant Power Supply for Asterisk

I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!

Eric

Reply to
Eric Brown
Loading thread data ...

Most redundant power supplies require a chassis that supports it. A regular ATX chassis is probably not going to work. That is, the usual cut-out provided on most ATX chassis won't have the right clearance to allow use of a redundant power supply. The hole needs to be pretty large. But if yours has one searching google brings up results:

formatting link
A quick check doesn't indicate any of these will work in 'standard ATX' chassis.

Reply to
wkearney99

Most redundant power supplies are designed for rackmount chassis.

Take a look at the following redundant power supply installation tutorial.

formatting link
formatting link
You might have to change your PC chassis to a rackmount chassis.

Reply to
JT

Hi.

I have never had a problem with power supplies failing, As long as you are using a quality case and power supply. Personally you should be looking at true server grade cases an power supplies such as Intel compaq etc. Remember if you are using redundant power you should use two UPS's. Have a look on ebay and you should get a quality server for a fraction of the new cost and it will be more relaible than any PC.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Your best bet would be to watch ebay for an Intel Cabrillo-C case--new they were about 1500 bucks but you can find them on ebay for a very reasonable price these days. That gets you a triple-redundant power supply (assuming it has all three modules installed) in a purpose-built server case for a less than you'd pay for dual-redundant alone.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.