Choosing a lab router?

Hi all,

I'm about to start studying for the CCNA Wireless exam (640-721), can anyone recommend a good Cisco wireless router? I was thinking along the lines of the 851W?

TIA, Jason

Reply to
Jason
Loading thread data ...

I am not familiar with the exam however, I would be concerned that you might be better off with an Access Point. This will very likely cost more.

Reply to
bod43

kumail had written this in response to

formatting link
: Hey buddy check this out,
formatting link
providing outstanding rates as compared to memoryx.net and other sites. I bought 1GB Approved Cisco Cat 6500 & SUP 720 Memory for around $300. And i am sure you can also find your cisco lab router here. Isn't it awesome!!..=D

Reply to
kumail

------------------------------------- Hey buddy check this out,

formatting link
providing outstanding rates as compared to memoryx.net and other sites. I bought 1GB Approved Cisco Cat 6500 & SUP 720 Memory for around $300. Isn't it awesome!!..=D

Reply to
kumail

No, it is SPAM.

Reply to
Rob

bod43 wrote in news:7f66d8f3-b5b3-41bb-9c9e- snipped-for-privacy@d16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Thanks for the advice. Not sure whether an access point is worth a purchase as I've only scimmed through the sylabus, I think a wireless router would be pretty much essential though as there is a lot of config which has to be done through IOS.

My non-wireless Cisco 837 router seems to have stopped working so I'm using an old 3Com for the time being but I'd really like to get a decent Cisco SoHo router which I can use for the exam & future studies. I've still got all my old 2600 & 2500 routers & a couple of 2950 switches from my CCNA ICND studies.

If anyone has taken the CCNA Wireless exam & can make a recommendation I'd really appreciate it?

Thanks, Jason

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.