CCNA Lab

I am considering getting into studying for my CCNA later this year. I am completely new to Cisco certs and have never really worked with any Cisco equipment, except for when I worked for a large corporation and they sent us down some preconfigured switches and routers. What would be a good choice for lab equipment? In this article:

formatting link
the author states that an 800 series router is really all you need to buy for CCNA. Can anyone comment on that? I have found an 827 ADSL router that I could hook up here at home and work with, will this work for CCNA?

Also, how long has it taken anyone else out there with little to no experience to study for and get their CCNA?

Thank you in advance for any insight you may provide.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt
Loading thread data ...

Hi Matt,

You may wish to investiage IFM's Cisco 827 Config Wizard:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

It may be because I'm so ignorant of Cisco topics, but I'm not sure what this is suppose to help me with.

Thanks, matt

Reply to
Matt Burks

Would a 4000 series router be good to learn on?

Thanks, matt

Reply to
Matt

Matt,

You can check out "old" equipment on the Refurbished Cisco Guide:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

I think 2600 router 2600 switch is best for preparing for CCNA .If you have two/three router +switch you can practice for CCNA. Hope it helps . Thanks.

Reply to
m004202002

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.