ccnp or ccsp

Hi, I will be doing one of the above certifications this year (on a 2 week training camp) which I am funding myself, I have a ccna which i achieved through self study a year ago. I work as a telecomms/ip engineer. Which one in peoples opinion is more in job demand? (in the london area). I thought that the ccnp will give a better network grounding than the other, but I have seen lots of jobs advertising for security. Any opinions welcome.

Reply to
cconnell_1
Loading thread data ...

Get the CCNP first to get you a good Network grounding, the move to security (or VOIP) where the money and good jobs are. You will not do to good in either if you dont have a CCNP level of understanding. Hope that helps, Jason

Reply to
Jason G

You may want to compare them against the United Kingdom's Totaljobs Database:

formatting link
Additionally, you may also wish to investigate posting your Cisco Certified Resume online for FREE:

formatting link
As well as investigate Great Britain Cisco Salaries:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

(or VOIP) where the money and good jobs are. You will not do to good in either if you dont have a CCNP level of understanding.

I agree. CCNP is the way to go. The move onto the other professional certs. SP is good if that's your thing. VPs are writing their own checks these days. Personally I'm going the IP route first and then seeing what happens.

J
Reply to
J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.