CCNP Study Materials

Hello,

I'm preparing to upgrade from CCNA to CCNP and I am looking for some insight into which Cisco Press books I should purchase. Each exam, except for CIT, seems to have a corrosponding Study Guide and Exam Certification Guide. Cisco recommends the Study Guide for those who are looking for in depth coverage of the topics. I don't have any formal CCNP training - I only have the knowledge required for CCNA. Should I go with the Study Guides, Certification Guides, or both? I would prefer to purchase the books in a bundle. However, since the CIT exam doesn't have a Study Guide, is it possible to buy the Study Guides in a bundle?

Thank you for your input,

Brennan

Reply to
Brennan
Loading thread data ...

Hi Brennan

I would definitely go with the Cisco Press guides for the CCNP. I passed mine by using them, and still keep the PDFs that come on the accompanying CDs on my laptop as a reference.

There is a CCNP CIT study guide from Cisco Press. It has ISBN number

1-58720-081-3. I have the second edition version which is dated 2004.

It also helps enormously if you have access to the relevant kit. The exams are quite heavy on aspects of the latest feature sets. Although the Cisco Press guides cover pretty much everything, I had to back it up with PDFs off the Cisco site in some places just to get a different explanation of something.

Hope this is helpful anyway. Best of luck

David

Reply to
David Hulse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.