CBWFQ

Hi, Could you please help me with configuration router 1721 and CBWFQ.

I have ADSL 1Mbps Internet connection and 2 users (user1,user2) I would like to guarantee fast downloading to user1. User2 should have only 25% of speed if user1 need speed and full speed if user1 not use.

Router is configured (Nat) and simple CBWFQ. Could you please set up correctly CBWFQ. This is my part of my configuration:

class-map match-any user1 match access-group name user1 class-map match-any user2 match access-group name user2 ! policy-map pm_lan2internet class user2 bandwidth 100 shape average 300000 32768 32768 class user1 bandwidth 800 class class-default fair-queue 64 !

ip access-list extended user1 permit ip any host 192.168.0.3 ip access-list extended user2 permit ip any host 192.168.0.4

! interface FastEthernet0 description LAN interface ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 service-policy output pm_lan2internet

Thanks for help

Reply to
achilles_mj
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I don't think that you can do what you want to do with CBWFQ as your router does not have any control over the date rate that it recieves from the Internet.

QOS is normally implemented on the transmit leg of the link, the theory being that if you control the transmit leg of all destiantions you can control the traffice rate. Although you can implement an incoming QOS policy this is generally not recommended.

James

Reply to
James

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.