Catalysts Switch Interface Stats

see if it will accept the load-interval interface command

Reply to
Merv
Loading thread data ...

Is there a way to change the time interval on the avg throughput interface stats. Default is 5min. Can I change it to 1min? 30sec?, etc. Specifically working with a 2912xl.

Reply to
lfnetworking

Be aware that the "5min" or whatever interval is not the time period over which the data is averaged. See other posts from me and many others on the topic. Search for [exponential weighted average].

To test this let the rate counters fall to zero, then blast traffic through the device at a constant rate, say using ttcp with UDP.

Record the rate counter and the time passed at frequent intervals until the rate counters stop changing and draw up the picture.

Reply to
anybody43

Be aware that the "5min" or whatever interval is not the time period over which the data is averaged. See other posts from me and many others on the topic. Search for [exponential weighted average].

To test this let the rate counters fall to zero, then blast traffic through the device at a constant rate, say using ttcp with UDP.

Record the rate counter and the time passed at frequent intervals until the rate counters stop changing and draw up the picture.

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.