Cat 5500 slot reservations

Hi all,

I bought a Cat 5500 to assist with my CCNP studies, I am new to this device so I was curious whether the chassis slots were reserved for certain modules. I just bought a WS-X5302 RSM for it and am curious whether it has to go into a certain slot, please. Thanks in advance,

Vos

Reply to
vos
Loading thread data ...

IIRC, no special slot.

However, the best thing for you to do is to find out for sure for yourself. It will be on the Cisco web site. If you can't find it after a few hours ask for asistance to help find it.

Reply to
anybody43

I also recommend picking up a copy of Cisco Press's "Cisco LAN Switching Fundamentals".

formatting link
The book delves into switching architectures, backplanes, EARL, etc. It's a good read for understanding L2 in larger chassis.

J
Reply to
routerstud

Vos,

Although I also bought a 5500 to help me when I took my switching test I am sure you know that the CatOS has completely been yanked from the current CCNP tests. By the way did you get an RSM with the box?

Greg

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
gcave

My bad I see you bought the RSM with the device.

Greg

vos wrote:

Reply to
gcave

Hi all,

Ok so the RSM can go in any slot. Also my mate had that book so I will give that a look also. Thank you everyone for your help and prompt reply.

Cheers, Vos

Reply to
vos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.