CallManager 5

I am having problems configuring an MGCP gateway. The router (a 1760 running

12.4.2T) keeps saying 'file not found' while trying to pull its config.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get to the TFTP directory on the CM to see if the file actually exists. Also having the same problem with IP Communicator. Since there is no way to run the Admin setup on the CM.

Also, has anyone done a succesful upgrade from a tar file from CM4?

If anyone knows of a way to get root access to the box, it would be much appreciated.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jonathan,

You may wish to investigate the online Cisco Voice TAC Case Collection / Knowledge Base:

http://129.41.16.73/voice/home Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S./Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I am willing to bet serious money that Cisco does not have a single TAC case for CallManager 5.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Jonathan,

Cisco just issued a Security Notice for CallManager:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Already got it, it is part of sr7 for OS2.7

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Make sure the gateway host name matches the name you configured in CallManager. One common error is adding "ip domain-name" to the gateway, but not having the full name in the GW name field of CCM.

So for example if you configured

my2600.foo.com in CCM, you'll need

hostname my2600 ip domain-name foo.com

Also you can find a tftppath directory on CCM, but be default it caches the xml files in memory, so you won't find them on disk. You can change this behavior under service settings.

Reply to
voipguy

I have checked this.

And no, I cannot get to the TFTPPath directory on CCM, it is running on a locked-down version of Linux.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.