CallManager 5

I am having problems configuring an MGCP gateway. The router (a 1760 running

12.4.2T) keeps saying 'file not found' while trying to pull its config.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get to the TFTP directory on the CM to see if the file actually exists. Also having the same problem with IP Communicator. Since there is no way to run the Admin setup on the CM.

Also, has anyone done a succesful upgrade from a tar file from CM4?

If anyone knows of a way to get root access to the box, it would be much appreciated.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
<Anthrax>

There is no C$ on Linux.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Great, so is this CallManager or CallManager Express? then is it official release? any links? because couldn't get anything. thanx

Billl George wrote:

Reply to
<Anthrax>

Ok, when you put CallManager 5 i was kind of surprised, i thought may be was a new release and i was unaware of it. I had searched in CCO, google and else and have found nothing, there's no even release not in cisco about it (or at least i did not find it). Regarding the linux issue, why you don't try it in a windows client?

J>> to get into ccm you will to do something like ip address\\\\c$ from

Reply to
<Anthrax>

One hint of this is here:

formatting link

Reply to
Billl George

Whenever I need to find a file in unix I do the following:

find * / | grep

So, you can look for a part of a filename that you know exists and it will show you all the paths with that file.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

It is the full blown Cisco CallManager, the replacement for Windows-based CMs.

It is running on a secured version of Red Hat Enterprise and will be sold as an appliance.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

It is.

formatting link

I am using Windows IE6 to get to CM5, but I need root access to the box itself.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Not an option (no such command on the stripped interface).

Basically, all you can do from the shell is start a few services, ping, traceroute and change the admin (for CM) password.

Reply to
Jonathan

great guys, much appreciated, we can always learn something new everyday hehehehe

J>> Whenever I need to find a file in unix I do the following:

Reply to
<Anthrax>

CallManger 5 will be based on the Linux platform. I have not worked with it yet, so I don't have much input other than that.

Reply to
Billl George

Why not:

find / -name \\*\\*

?

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:03:05 -0400, a posting issued forth from Scooby...

Reply to
Jacob

Perhaps they are giving you a shell, but not a path to the correct bin directory. Since you are asking how to navigate to the tftp directory, I'm thinking that you do have a shell access where you can cd. See if you can navigate to /usr/bin. Then you may be able to do ./find. Or just try typing /usr/bin/find

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

No.

The commands available from the shell are:

show service ping tracert set

And the only things you can set are IP address/mask, admin pw, and SNMP string.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.