bridging between 2 ATM subinterfaces/PVC's

Hi,

On a Cisco 7204VXR i want to configure 2 ATM PVC's, bridged together so they can communicate transparently. On the 7204 i configured the interfaces as follows :

int atm1/0.162055 point-to-point pvc 16/2055 encap aal5snap bridge-group 1

int atm1/0.162056 point-to-point pvc 16/2056 encap aal5snap bridge-group 1

The bridge group is configured easily like this :

bridge 1 protocol ieee

According to my theory, the two PVC's should be in bridging mode now. The PVC's are terminated (through a 3rd party network) on DSL routers, where i configured RFC1483, LLC based. On router 1 i configured IP address 10.0.0.1/24 and on the second router 10.0.0.2/24. They don't seem to 'see' eachother in any way and i cannot ping from router 1 to router 2.

Can anyone put me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Remco Bressers

Reply to
Remco Bressers
Loading thread data ...

Remco Bressers wrote in news:42fb7143$0$11062$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl:

You might need to bridge your IP protocol as well. try add "atm route- bridge ip" to the interfaces or "bridge 1 route ip" to your global config.

Cheers,

Lars Christensen

Reply to
Lars L. Christensen

Have you turned off ip routing?

no ip routing

no ip routing ! interface Ethernet0/0 no ip address bridge-group 1 ! interface ATM1/0 no ip address ! interface ATM1/0.116 point-to-point pvc 1/116 encapsulation aal5snap ! bridge-group 1 ! bridge 1 protocol ieee

formatting link

-as

Remco Bressers wrote:

RBE or am i totally wrong?

Reply to
aservin

Isn't it the case that i'm using IRB, and 'atm route-bridge ip' is used for RBE or am i totally wrong? Second.. The term bridge 1 route ip is also not working :(

Remco

Reply to
Remco Bressers

No i havent, because the router should do routing, except for these two subinterfaces.

aserv> Have you turned off ip routing?

formatting link

RBE or am i totally wrong?

Reply to
Remco Bressers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.