Blocking incoming pots calls by area code.......

We're trying to block all incoming calls that come from a specific area code. I've been trying to find a way to do this on our H323 gateway, but have been unsuccessful. I basically want to drop them at the gateway so calls are not delivered anywhere. I've tried adding a dial-peer to catch answer-address entries, but it seems my default dial-peer is catching it due to the precedence of incoming called-number.

Here is our current voice config. We have a callmanager at 10.141.1.1

If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

Thanks

dial-peer voice 1 pots incoming called-number . direct-inward-dial port 1/0:23 ! dial-peer voice 1499 pots destination-pattern 1499 port 1/0:23 prefix 5718174 ! dial-peer voice 1451 pots destination-pattern 1451 port 1/0:23 prefix 5718764 ! dial-peer voice 1461 pots destination-pattern 1461 port 1/0:23 prefix 5711827 ! dial-peer voice 1495 pots destination-pattern 1495 port 1/0:23 prefix 5718525 ! dial-peer voice 1400 voip settle-call destination-pattern 1... progress_ind setup enable 3 translate-outgoing called 1 session target ipv4:10.141.1.1 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric codec g711ulaw ip qos dscp cs5 media ! dial-peer voice 1000 pots destination-pattern 9T progress_ind setup enable 3 direct-inward-dial port 1/0:23 ! dial-peer voice 1401 voip settle-call destination-pattern 2... progress_ind setup enable 3 session target ipv4:10.141.1.1 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric codec g711ulaw ip qos dscp cs5 media

Reply to
lightweb
Loading thread data ...

What Version of callmanager? Set up a route pattern on callmanager and select block this pattern.

Reply to
miskaone

I've tried to do this on the CM (Version 3.1, I know, it's old).

I set my route pattern to a specific phone number (in this case, my cell phone number), and selected block this pattern. It didn't seem to work. Is there a special route pattern to handle incoming calls from the gateway, or do these only work with outgoing calls from stations?

Reply to
lightweb

Sorry, I just reread your comment. You said incoming. the problem that you will probably have is that your provider is providing you only 4 digits for DTMF. You may have to get the provider to help you block the numbers. If they are giving you more than 4 digits then try doing a transformation to a non-existing number.

Reply to
miskaone

Well, when I look at the inout debug on the gateway, the telco is providing complete ANI.

I think my dial-peer 1 is catching all the inbound calls and I can't set another dial-peer to catch a specific calling number.

Reply to
lightweb

If that is the case then maybe try creating a more specific Dial-peer such as 678.......

The more specific should match. Is that working for you?

Reply to
miskaone

I've tried creating a more specific dial peer that had both an incoming-called number . and also answer-address, but it doesn't match. The problem is I need to match all calls coming inbound. Hmmmmmmm.

Apparently incoming-called numbers match before answer-address. I've even tried setting preferences.

My head hurts... :)

miska> If that is the case then maybe try creating a more specific Dial-peer

Reply to
lightweb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.