Block IM on PIX515

Hi there,

What is the best possible way to block MSN and any other IM service on a Cisco PIX515 firewall?

Regards.

Reply to
Grieco
Loading thread data ...

In article , Grieco wrote: :What is the best possible way to block MSN and any other IM service on :a Cisco PIX515 firewall?

These days, it might be to upgrade to PIX 7.0(1) and use the new better inspection features there. But PIX 7.0(1) was released just a few weeks ago (April 2), so it's not necessarily a good thing to deploy in a production environment, at least not without lab testing.

Other than that... I posted the ACL entries we use here, oh probably around 8 months ago; probably author:roberson block msn would find the posting in google groups.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

If you use the faster search capabilities of MSN Search you will find this link:

Reply to
bits

In article , bits wrote: :If you use the faster search capabilities of MSN Search you will find this :link:

:

formatting link
And that link points to this very thread and the very response you replied to with the link.

I don't think I understand how a circular reference could be "faster" than doing the search I suggested, the very first link of which (after this discussion itself) would show exact object-group and ACL entries, along with the caveat about hotmail.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.