Allied Telesyn and Cisco Switches VLAN's

Hi on a Cisco switch I can do the following:

interface range GigabitEthernet0/1 - 23 switchport access vlan 101 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 105

which is useful for plugging the pc's ethernet cable into the voip phone and the voip phone plugged into the switch.

Is there a similar command on allied telesyn switches? (AT8000S)

or any other way to do it? the voip phones are alcatels and i am sure it doesn't trunk them they simply mark the traffic as it leaves so I dont think i can do trunk ports on the switch.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam
Loading thread data ...

It appears from the manual, you can do the same. I'm not clear with alcatels that don't trunk" what do you mean? But that switch does have differnet port types, including trunk. You can confirm here,

formatting link
User Guide, 77.

Reply to
LCastro

here,

formatting link
User

thanks for the reply, by "doesnt trunk" i mean the port that comes out of the phone is not a trunk port with a data and voice vlan on it, it is a straight access mode link but marks voice packets.

It does have different port types, but I am needing one port being able to split out the voice and data traffic onto different subnets, meaning one port is a member of two different vlans (voice and data..)

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Some vendors don't call it a "trunk", but they talk about "tagged" & "untagged" VLANs, which is the same thing.

If you can add VLANs to a switch, then define the data as "untagged" and voice as "tagged" (or vice-versa, I guess, depending on the phones) that is the same as a trunk on a cisco switch.

Reply to
Arthur Brain

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.