Allied telesyn & VOIP

Hi this isnt a cisco question but maybe someone here will know..

on allied telesyn switches (the at-8000s to be exact) is there a command to put the voice traffic into a separate vlan than the data?

on a cisco i can do:

int fa0/1 switchport access vlan 101 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 105

which is useful when plugging the pc into the phones switch port (which i know isnt ideal but no other option).. is there a command on the AT to do the same?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam
Loading thread data ...

I have configured mixed non-cisco gear for VLANs for VoIP. On an HP for example they call it "untagged" (=access =native) and "tagged" (=voice) To trunk both VLANs to the switch, you configure both to be "tagged" on the trunk, and then on the port the phone is in, you configure vlan 101 to be "untagged" configure vlan 105 to be "tagged"

For your switch, who knows what terminology it uses? You might need to configure your fa0/1 as a dot1q trunk So configure it for VLAN tagging, choose dot1q.

Reply to
Arthur Brain

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.