Cisco CMTS QoS

I'm working on a QoS solution for Ubr72xx and Ubr10k - I need to DSCP mark packets from/to eMTA's.

I've tried to do this with a policy map :

. . class-map match-any VoIP match access-group name VoIP-net . . ip access-list standard VoIP-net permit X.X.X.0 0.0.0.255 . . policy-map VoIP-marking class VoIP set dscp ef . . cable1/2/3 service-policy input VoIP-marking service-policy output VoIP-marking

Unfortunately it results in:

Service-policy input: VoIP-marking

Class-map: VoIP (match-any) 0 packets, 0 bytes 5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: any QoS Set dscp ef Packets marked 0

Class-map: class-default (match-any) 0 packets, 0 bytes 5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: any

Service-policy output: VoIP-marking

Class-map: VoIP (match-any) 0 packets, 0 bytes 5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: any QoS Set dscp ef Packets marked 0

Class-map: class-default (match-any) 0 packets, 0 bytes 5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: any Output queue: 0/64; 2427871/126325894 packets/bytes output, 0 drops

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong ??

Reply to
Uffe S. Callesen
Loading thread data ...

I have been tearing my hair out with cisco QoS. The behaviour seems to vary from platform to platform and I have seen cases where the commands seemed to be accepted but that nothing happened.

You don't say of your interfaces are configured for IP? If not then maybe IP based policies are of no use?

Otherwise, there looks to be nothing wrong with the config.

Here is a working one:-

ip access-list extended ACL.voice.udp permit udp any range 16384 32767 any range 16384 32767 !

Reply to
Bod43

Figured it out - the QoS policy must be applied to a non-cable interface !

Reply to
Uffe S. Callesen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.