Aironet 350 Bridge and AP

Hi, I need some help. Can I use an aironet 350 wireless bridge and an a aironet 350 access point to link two distant buildings 8 miles one of other, I want to say, can use an aironet 350 wireless bridge as root and the aironet 350 access point as a client

Reply to
doctorvaldez
Loading thread data ...

8 miles is a too far without towers. Range is well within the limitations but with the curvature of the earth, line of site at most is 6 miles.

Is this 8 miles via a car drive or did you do a direct line calculation on a map or use GPS? Are you sure there is clear, unobstructed line of site?

An AP will associate to a bridge. Not something I would recomend tho. Find another bridge and a couple of dishes. Use them as they are designed.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

formatting link

Reply to
Dana

Not always true. he can be in a 60 story building. From the allied bank building in Houston you can cover quite a bit of distance, especially on a point to point link.

Range is well within the limitations

Reply to
Dana

Dana, are you in Houston? Do you do consulting/services?

Reply to
Douglas McIver

Used to be. Now I am in Alaska.

Reply to
Dana

Damn, we need to hire someone to do our Pix implementations. Move back for a week, jk!

Thanks,

Reply to
Douglas McIver

I kind of miss Houston, especially the Richmond strip. But the interior of Alaska is just a beautiful place to be.

Reply to
Dana

Reply to
Douglas McIver

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.