PIX 501 AND UPDATE TO 7.0

Is Cisco going to come out with a 7.0 release for the Pix 501 series firewall?

Reply to
Michael Williams
Loading thread data ...

They just recent release 6.3(4), which has some nice features, assuming its stable. That being said, I would assume that they will eventually get to a

7.0 rev. If it follows regular IOS timelines, look for it in 3+ years.. :-)

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Graves

In article , Michael Williams wrote: :Is Cisco going to come out with a 7.0 release for the Pix 501 series :firewall?

I don't have any inside information on this topic, but based upon the documentation and upon what some people here have said, I gather that the answer is NO, there will be no 7.0 release for the PIX 501.

If my inferences are correct, it will be 7.1 that supports the 501, and 7.0 itself will likely last only a few subreleases. Notice that this is historically consistant: 5.0 and 6.0 did not last very long before transiting to the longer-lived 5.1 and 6.1 respectively.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The will be a 7.0 for 501/506 in Q3. (Heard on Partner Tech update) My guess is with limited features comp. to 7.0.1 for 515+

7.0.1 is out of codebase for FWSM, and 501 cant handle that.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.