Aironet 1121G - can it run in B only mode?

Is there a way to make the Aironet 1121G AP run in B mode only? We have a 7920 wireless phone and it is in B mode. It keeps losing connection to the Call Manager via the AP, even though the AP still shows it as a client. I would like to put the AP in B mode to be more compatible with the 7920 phone.

Reply to
TexasMirty
Loading thread data ...

remove the speeds above 11.0 from the radio interface

Is the 7920 reunning the latest firmware ?

Is the 1121G using the latest AP image ?

Reply to
Merv

I did set the speed to no more than 11.0. The AP is up-to-date on firmware.

The phone is not; however, we inherited this phone as a used item and we don't have the cable to attach it to a PC for configuration. (Also, the configuration seems to be locked.)

I'm about ready to use "percussive maintenance"* on that phone.

*PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again
Reply to
TexasMirty

AFAIK the USB cables come with the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 Configuration Utility CD (CP-CFGPR-BUN-7920)

see:

formatting link

How to reset the 7920 Wireless IP phone password when the phone is locked and the password is lost

formatting link

Seems a shame to lower the performance of your AP due to one wirless phone ...

Reply to
Merv

performance would be lower when the phone is associated anyways since you can't run G when B clients exist I would try changing the channel on the AP, I don't think changing the allowed speeds will help you out

Barry

formatting link

Reply to
BG

I do not believe this to be the case, see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.