Access Violation error while saving config from PIX through PDM to a TFTP server.

I've got that error while saving the config file to TFTP. No problems using CLI.

My config file is quite close to 122 kBytes (the limit is 128 kBytes, is it true? My version is 6.3(4)

Alex

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

this is from the PDM Q&A:

Q. Is there a limitation on the size of the configuration that Cisco PDM can handle?

A. Cisco recommends that you use Cisco PDM with configuration files that are 100 KB (approximately 1500 lines) or less in size.

Not sure if that makes a difference, but you might want to try this TFTP server (which is recommended by Cisco):

formatting link
HTH,

Naz

Reply to
nazgulero

Actually Cisco says that for 525 the limit is 1 or 2 MBytes

That's my favourite and I got that error with it.

Many Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
AM

That's odd. Access violation is always a refusal by the receiving end to accept the file. On many tftp servers, the receiving file must exist and be world-writable (or at least by the tftp daemon's effective ID).

I speculate that when you are triggering the transfer via PDM, that the file name is not what you expect, perhaps because you are giving an explicit filename when you work on the CLI and "tftp-server" is configured for a different one; or perhaps the PDM is trying to write to a temporary filename ?? The logs on your tftp server should show you exactly which name was being attempted.

"access violation" is never an issue of the file being too big.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Not sure if you're still following this thread, but I was having the same problem and my solution was very simple.

The tftpd32.exe needs to be located at the root of C: to properly find the file path structure.

move the tftpd32.exe to c: and run it from there, then do the write net from the pix.

Reply to
Damian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.