Cisco Pix 506 tftp config file to different subnet

I have about 13 PIX 506e's that I use to create VPN tunnels back to my

515e. I would like to place a TFTP server on my home network and then use the write net command at each of the 506e's to write back to one TFTP server. I understand that the Write Net commands tries to use interface 1 and that is fine. I can write the file to local TFTP servers but I do not want to use 14 different TFTP server if I can avoid it. When I try to write to any TFTP server other than the one on the local network I get a Timed out attempting to connect. I cannot ping the home TFTP server from the other firewall either so I think I have a connectivity problem from the firewall. I can ping every TFTP server from the home network so the VPN tunnels work but for some reason, I can not ping the TFTP servers from the Firewall.

Any help on this would be great. My guess is that it either can not be done or I have to place a command on the firewall that will allow the firewall to ping other network.

Thanks in advance for this.

Reply to
goodwiki
Loading thread data ...

No, "write net" uses the interface named in the tftp-server command.

You might not have configured icmp permit echo-reply outside

Also, be aware that some ISPs block tftp -- and you don't really want to be tftp'ing a configuration (complete with passwords) in cleartext over the public internet. Probably what you want to do is extend your VPN tunnels to include the outside interface of the PIXes.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.