4th nic for pix 525

Hiya,

I'm thinking of installing another NIC on our Cisco PIX 525. Currently there are 3 Fast E interfaces on it, i.e. e0 e1 e2 . I plan to add another one for a second DMZ. I've tried using a 3COM 10/100 NIC but that doesn't seem to work - PIX does not allow any configuration on it, and there's no e3 showing up. I'm running PIX v7.0(1) with unrestricted license. Anyone with any suggestions on 3rd party NICs supported on PIX? Or is there some command i need to turn on that card?

thanks woon

Reply to
wkwoon
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :I'm thinking of installing another NIC on our Cisco PIX 525. Currently :there are 3 Fast E interfaces on it, i.e. e0 e1 e2 . I plan to add :another one for a second DMZ. I've tried using a 3COM 10/100 NIC but :that doesn't seem to work - PIX does not allow any configuration on it, :and there's no e3 showing up. I'm running PIX v7.0(1) with unrestricted :license. Anyone with any suggestions on 3rd party NICs supported on :PIX? Or is there some command i need to turn on that card?

There are no 3rd party NICs supported on the PIX.

Some very specific models of NICs are known (through experiment) to work; if you search for 'frankenpix' then you might be able to find the model numbers.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.