3825 e0 interface

I have a 3825 that i just got off the shelf(literally nobody wanted it) and want to make use of it. We currently have a co-location that is feeding us a fiber 100mb internet circuit. I am wondering if i can terminate that 100mb fiber to the e0 sfp port on the 3825. I know i can to a serial port but usually i've put devices that sit behind the router on ethernet ports and in front of the router on serial ports.

Reply to
mmark751969
Loading thread data ...

looks like it only supports the GigE SFPs, so maybe you need a fibre to copper convertor.

100 Mbps SFPs - only 7200 routers or above and various switches:
formatting link
The good news is the 3825 is fast enough to keep a good fraction of 100 Mbps busy:
formatting link
Reply to
Stephen

Can i get an expansion module that will support a 100Mb fiber connection. thanks

Reply to
mmark751969

The interface card compatibility section on cisco.com says that

formatting link
they support the NM-1FE-FX-V2 in the 3800 series. I doubt the earlier version (NM-1FE-FX) would work in the newer ISR routers, seeing as most of the other earlier versions of WAN and other LAN cards did not.

Cisco does have 100-Base-FX SFPs, but their compat matrix doesn't mention any routers, just switches.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.