3620 memory requirements exceed available memory

HI GUYS I loaded a new IOS but i loaded the wrong one by accident and now its exceeding memory. How do i erase it and load the right one? Now i can only stay in ROMMON. i tried to do tftpdnld but its not working :( Any ideas? Thanks experts

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

Sam,

I believe 3620 have a Compact Flash slot - just copy correct IOS image into the Flash module (may be in another router, compact flash reader or even photocamera), and boot from that image.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Linear flash only on that platform from what I remember. ATA Flash wasn't supported.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

You a mistaking with 2600 series. All 3600-series routers have PCMCIA slots to use external Flash memory. The only limitation is that they accept 4-32Mb cards only.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Right, linear-flash only PCMCIA cards. They have to be linear, no ATA flash.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.