2948G-L3 config register resets

Hello,

I was hoping someone would have some helpful input with a weird problem: Our 2948 works great while it is connected to the power, it boots reboots and all the configs are in good order. When the switch is disconnected from the power and then reconnected the NVRAM is corrupted and the config register is reset (0x101). The switch continues to load as if it were the first time it was out of the box. What worries me is that the config register won't hold after a power failure. That is, I enable break (0x0) and have it load directly into the rommon. If I enter a reset command it's fine and loads into the rommon again, but once I disconnect the power and turn it back on it loads the flash image and I'm back where I started.

I'm guessing it's some kind of hardware problem. Any suggestions as to what it is and where I could have it fixed?

Thanks,

Adeen

Reply to
adeen.f
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.