Which Firewall

Hi there, I have 8 routers (2x2620 and 6x2500) , 1 ISDN switch simulater and 1x 2950 switch. I'm planning to use these for my ccna, ccnp lab. Iwant to add a firewall to this. Which firewall do you recommend? Do you think these items are good enough for CCNP as well?

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill YILDIRIM
Loading thread data ...

Well, it depends on what you want to do. If you want to stay Cisco, you have 2 choices. If you need just firewall experience, get either a PIX501 or 506 with PIX OS 6.3 or newer. If you want to do some stuff with DMZ ports, things get more expensive. A PIX 515e or larger is needed to get dmz ports, plus an interface card is needed to plug into the chassis in order to get those ports. In my opinion, a 501 is fine for learning NAT, VPN, etc. If you can master the capabilities of the

501, a dmz setup won't take you long to learn when you finally get your hands on one.

-Brian

Reply to
response3

you can get a low end pix 501 with pixos version 7.0 and create subinterfaces to simulate the dmz

Reply to
Cen

I wonder if pix 7 can be run on pix 501

"Cen" ¦b¶l¥ó news:djsmhk$2ht3$ snipped-for-privacy@otis.netspace.net.au ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
hdu

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.