What is the least I can do?

Hi,

I have a question. I passed my CCNA last year, so I have about a year and half until the three years are up. I wanted to go for my CCNP but I do not currently have time. I started a new job which took up a lot of time and am going to start my Masters in the fall. If i just pass one of the CCNP tests does that reset the clock? If I pass one and it does reset the clock, do I have to pass the other three in three years or everytime I pass a test will it reset the clock? I ask because I am taking two Masters programs back to back and will not be completed with these for four years.

THanks for the advice.

Reply to
KDawg44
Loading thread data ...

Each CCNP exam will reset the clock to 3 years.

so u have can do the exams over 10 years :|.

Even when the new exams come out your first one is still valid, well in the past it has (not sure if they stay valid)

Reply to
Blue

Great thanks! Exactly what I needed to know.

Reply to
KDawg44

You don't have 10 years to get your CCNP. Each CCNP exam will also expire. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have 3 years to get your CCNP.

Reply to
corb

Corb,

You see in "Cisco's Certification Tracking System" then Certification Progress

Under CCNP u see

Complete one item Routing (640-503) ** Routing (640-603) Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (640-900) ** Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (640-901) ** BSCI (642-801) ** Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (642-901)

** This requirement is no longer available. If you have already completed it, it will count towards your certification status. However, if it is not yet complete, you should complete the other requirement(s)

Seem like the old exam still count and don't "expire"

The exam's don't expire only the Certification expires.

formatting link
>> Each CCNP exam will reset the clock to 3 years.

Reply to
Blue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.