CCNP changes in November 2006

Hi

Someone mentioned that there will be changes to the CCNP curriculum in November 2006, but I cannot see anything on the Cisco site.

Has anyone got a link?

Thanks Dilan

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe
Loading thread data ...

Hi Dilan,

Cisco Program Updates:

formatting link
Cisco Certifications Online Support:

formatting link
Cisco Certifications Community:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco CraigsList Job Openings

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

All Cisco Press CCNP Books:

formatting link
Brad Reese Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

formatting link

There is not information about CCNP program changes in Nov 2006 at the links posted by Brad Reese that I can see ?

Reply to
genki

Hi genki,

That is because the "change" only occurred today, Tuesday, August 15th

Cisco Program Updates:

formatting link

15 AUG 06

Updated CCNP Certification and New CCNP Prep Center Now Available

Cisco announces comprehensive updates to its premier CCNP professional-level networking certification.

The new program provides networking professionals with the knowledge and skills required to deploy and maintain fully integrated network infrastructure services and applications.

The new CCNP program maintains its focus on the advanced skills required to manage the routers and switches that form the network core, and expands to include techniques to deploy and support the wireless, voice and security applications on the network edge.

Four recommended training courses and four required exams comprise the new CCNP certification curriculum.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

November 15 is the registration cut-off date for the current CCNP exams. Registration after the 11/15 will require testing on the new exams. BCRAN/CIT are being replaced with two new courses, and BSCI/BCMSN are being overhauled/re-tooled - substantially.

formatting link

Reply to
John Agosta

formatting link
>

The CCNP site states that the 'old' exams must be completed by 31st December 2006. I take it that you until then from November 15th to actually take the exam?

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

formatting link
> >

That's how I understand it.

Reply to
John Agosta

So essentially, I have until November 15th to have registered for all four exams and then have passed them by December 31st or my books and study will be obsolete? That would be rough seeing as how I purchased the entire Cisco Press CCNP library. Though I am almost ready for several of the exams (my plan was to study each set then go back and restudy each one and then take each exam) if I am not done then I have to start back at the beginning. What happens if I have passed two of the four in time? With the overhaul, will it make those useless too?

Also, from those who have taken CCNP exams, I have the cisco press library and have a couple of old routers to work with but when I took my CCNA I was with a company that had TestKing questions and transcenders. I will not have those at my disposal this time. If I have seen CCNA questions, will i be all right? I have practice tests in the Cisco Press books and I was thinking of getting the Exam Cram books too.

Thanks.

John Agosta wrote:

formatting link
>> >

Reply to
Holleran.Kevin

Well I think I can answer my own question now.

Previous Exams Count for Three Years Towards Completion of CCNP Certification Visit the Certifications Online Support tool

formatting link
and locate the mix and match tables to find out how you can combine exams that you may have already taken with the new exams to achieve your CCNP professional-level certification. All recommended training associated with the retiring exams will expire on October 15, 2006. The last day to test for the retiring exams will be December 31, 2006.

Course Course Retirement Current Exams Current Exams: Last Day to Test BSCI October 15, 2006 642-801 December 31, 2006 BCMSN October 15, 2006 642-811 December 31, 2006 BCRAN October 15, 2006 642-521 December 31, 2006 CIT October 15, 2006 642-511 December 31, 2006

This is from an email from Cisco. And from the cisco Online Support Tool

Question I have passed the CIT exam, can I continue with the "old" requirements i.e. BSCI 642-801, BCMSN 642-811, and BCRAN to attain the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification? Answer The last day to take the current exams will be 12/31/06. Be sure to register well in advance of the last date to test in order to ensure you will be able to reserve a seat before the exam retires on 12/31/06. The courses that prepare individuals for these exams will retire

10/15/06. Therefore, you may c> So essentially, I have until November 15th to have registered for all

formatting link
> >> >

Reply to
KDawg44

Thanks everyone for their input - much appreciated.

Dilan

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

formatting link
> and locate the mix and match tables to find out how you can combine

formatting link
> > >> >

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Wait a minute now... I'm not sure I understand either. From what I read below, I have to register for all four before November 15,

2006 and in doing so I schedule them (the exam dates) for dates prior to December 31, 2006?

formatting link
> >> >

Reply to
Don

Hey, just visited Cisco's Retired Exams site and did not see any of the present CCNP exams in the "Last Day to Register" column.

formatting link
sure could the extra time.

formatting link
> > >> >

Reply to
Don

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.