What is the importance of cisco certification

Hi,

I am abhishek from Hyderabad, INDIA. I heard about cisco certification. Can somebody tell me what is the importance of this certification.

And what r the prerequsites for this certification.

ABHISHEK

Reply to
novice
Loading thread data ...
80% of employers perform a resume search "before" posting a network job opening online. Of those resumes searched, resumes that have Cisco Certification are more likely to receive further employer consideration.

In the 2006 Robert Half Technology Salary Guide:

43% of Chief Information Officers stated Cisco Network Administration as the most in demand technical skill set:

Page 4

formatting link
In salary averages, add 12% for Cisco Network Administration Skills:

Pages 10, 11, 18 and 19

formatting link
Please keep in mind, that the 2006 Salary Guide states Cisco Certification is of greatest value when it is accompanied by practical experience.

Currently, BradReese.Com has an employer seeking to hire Cisco CCIE Voice Certificate Holders at a starting annual salary of $160,000 and depending on experience will pay up to $200,000 in annual salary, these CCIE Voice jobs are based in Austin, Texas USA.

Cisco Salary and Compensation Links:

formatting link
Further information regarding Cisco Certification:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi,

Just search the job boards for Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE). In particular look for what the going rate is for people with the CCIE certification from Cisco :eek:

Reply to
ie2210

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.