Starting a CCNA & Hardware

Im interested in doing some or all of a CCNA. I have no real Idea where to start, or how hard its going to be. Ive had a play with a few Pix506 and even managed to set one up for my mates business without any training, just browsing the web.

I would like to know where to start, which exam is the first one to take, I have sent for some information form computeach about the course, but I dont know what the best way to get things moving is just at the moment.

Im very, very interested in buying my own hardware, but dont know what to get. I have been looking at used Pix501 & 506 on ebay and have seen a Cisco 2924 XL EN Switch are these the things I need. I know I will also need a router (Is one enough ?) of sorts, any suggestions?

Many thanks !

Reply to
ste.goddard
Loading thread data ...

Check out Cisco's website for the certification route. CCNA is a starting point. If you can afford it get a pair of 2600's with 1 ethernet and 1 serial interface in each (with the appropriate cables). Should be a few hundred off EBay. Definitely have the switch !

Reply to
Epitome67

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.