PIX VPN and Linksys RV016

Hey all,

Kind of an annoying issue. We currently have a PIX506 at our Main Ottawa Location. A PIX506 at a remote Oshawa Office, and a PIX501 at a remote Cornwall Office. Both remote offices have a constant site-to-site VPN tunnel going into the main office. We are running out of bandwidth at the main office and cannot upgrade due to location issues. We have now installed a SECOND DSL service and purchase a Linksys RV016 router that enables multiple WAN ports/load balancing etc.

Can i still setup these site-to-site VPN's to the remote PIX501 and 506? I'm not seeing as many configuration options in the Linksys rv016 to allow this. There is site-to-site but I think i'll have to completly configure the remote offices differently??

Reply to
Silvan Jappert
Loading thread data ...

You can still have the site to site VPN's however I think you would have to either a) configure the linksys to only route VPN traffic over one of the ISP links or b) Maybe introduce a second PIX at your main office and have a VPN from each device to the other sites.

I don't know the Linksys device at all, but if you were using a Cisco Router in conjunction with Optimized Edge Routing you would achieve this via option b:-

See figure 6. Case 2 :-

formatting link
Anyone else got any better ideas?

James

Silvan Jappert wrote:

Reply to
James

You can still have the site to site VPN's however I think you would have to either a) configure the linksys to only route VPN traffic over one of the ISP links or b) Maybe introduce a second PIX at your main office and have a VPN from each device to the other sites.

I don't know the Linksys device at all, but if you were using a Cisco Router in conjunction with Optimized Edge Routing you would achieve this via option b:-

formatting link

James

Silvan Jappert wrote:

Reply to
James

formatting link

James

Silvan Jappert wrote:

Reply to
James

Thanks for the Reply James.

I think I may end up needing to keep the original PIX506 at the main office Along with the Linksys but I would have prefered just the one. The problem with configuring the linksys is that the VPN configurations don't seem very flexible at all, I don't see anything about authentication through our active directory which is how its setup now, I'm trying to avoid completly re-configuring the PIX's at the remote offices.

formatting link

Reply to
Silvan Jappert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.