Recommended Hardware

I'm not looking for a Cisco qualification (at the moment) I'd just like to get some hands on experience so I can add it to my CV. Currently I'm working as a Solaris sysadmin and as such never have to touch any of the routers, switches etc apart from to plug in new hardware so I'm obviously looking to start at home.

So I'm looking to offload my old broadband router and plug in a Cisco router of some description.

I'll need something that can deal with a DHCP IP Address from my broadband supplier and route to various Sun kit (there's quite a lot off it) around the house and the odd PC aswell (all through ethernet Cat 5 lines)

Any advice on Cisco hardware that can deal with this little lot, I'll be getting stuff off eBay so I'm thinking 2500, 3600 ??

Thanks in advance Jim

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jim,

Chris Bryant, CCIE No. 12933 Routing & Switching, has everything you need to know about a Cisco Home Lab:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

FANTASTIC ! That's the sort of info I was looking for, shame google didn't pick that one up for me !

Much appreciated Brad Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim

We can assist you with some equipments. We have some 3640 sitting on the shelf

We buy sell all Cisco, Discount up to 80% off on New Used Cisco. LinkWaves Corp

29980 Technology Drive, Suite 6 Murrieta, CA 92563
formatting link
Reply to
LinkWaves

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.