CCNA Hardware/Books Advice

Hi,

I'm looking into teaching myself for CCNA, i have quite alot of general networking experience but nothing really very in depth or Cisco specific.

Books wise i think I was looking at:

CCNA 1 and 2: Companion Guide (Cisco Networking Academy Program) by Cisco Systems Inc. and CCNA 3 and 4: Companion Guide (Cisco Networking Academy Program) by Cisco Systems Inc.

Am i correct in thinking those 4 parts make up the CCNA Cert, and should cover everything i need to know?

With that covered, I would like to set up a home lab to practice on. I have a budget of maximum =A31000 but being a student, the cheaper the better.

Can anyone give me a list of suggested hardware, cables etc? I have 3 computers ready, so i assume i need routers/switches and required cables.

Ideally the hardware i get, i can sell on easily enough for a decent price once I am finished.

Thanks alot for any advice, Jack

Reply to
JackC
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jack,

Everything you need can be found here:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese on Cisco Network World Magazine Cisco Subnet

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

You could fully kit yourself out for that much, for around AUS$600 I've picked up a 2501, 2 x 2503, 2507 and 2523 off ebay. Not that latest and greatest gear but definitely a nice little home lab for doing frame relay and ethernet connections.

Reply to
Terry

We've recently put up CCNA IP Addressing Study Links. Also we have recomendations on Home Lab Equipment.

formatting link

Reply to
jesfan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.