My first Cisco academy test

So now I understand what everyone means when they say the choices are worded to seem really similar.

Reply to
Mitch
Loading thread data ...

That's not aim although it may seem that way - the options are to ensure that you understand and can distingiush between the concepts.

Attempt the end of chapter Quiz before you read anything - that will give you a taste for what's important. As the hands-on labs and Packet Tracer labs increase, read these completely before doing them so again you get to know the important concepts.

A common trap for new Networking Academy students is that they feel that they have to read *all* the curriculum first. That can be boring and tedious - it's online material with hyperlinks - jump around - check out the glossary - focus on the graphics and interactive activities - do the quiz (many times) - if you are doing a CCNA Exploration course, then try the "Test Your Knowledge" questions at the end of each chapter whenever you feel like it. It's your choice how you navigate through a chapter - that's what makes Academy learning so powerful and personalised.

Aubrey

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

My instructor uses books by Wendell and Knott - th first one is "Networking Basics" - and the book itself says that it covers more than the online chapter. Since I already have knowledge from taking a graduate level TCP/IP class, my concern is that I might be wasting time reading and reading and reading. So, I am wondering whether I should get Wendell's CCNA Official Exam Library book and read that only (though I would do the labs from the lab manual assigned to the class I am taking aside from my own study using Packet tracer software) and not read the chapters from the text book assigned to the classes at my college and just aim to take CCNA exam (not CCENT) ASAP. As far as I know, The CCNA official Exam Library is 2007 version. Is that the latest one available for that book?

Reply to
cisco.student.777

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.