Connecting a Switch 1900 to a Router 2503

I connected my Router 2503 to my Switch Cat 1900. I took the advice of several others in the room, by using a transceiver to the AUI port on the router and used a straight through cable to the Switch. Unfortunatly there was no green light. On the Router, I gave the port an ip address and typed no shutdown. Was there any configuration I needed on the switch. Aslo how can I get my laptop on to the Switch? Or any other nodes?

Cheers.

Reply to
Hashem
Loading thread data ...

I also wanted to know where i could get some good subnet excercises.

cheers

Reply to
Hashem Ouaida

I figured out the problem. The cable that I was using was incorrect. I took the cable from my Broadband Internet Router that I used to my computer. I wasnt aware that it was a cross over cable, which in fact strange. Apparently you can use Straight through cables and Cross over's.

Now that i have sorted the problem out, Please disregard the above cry for help. (but beware i shall be crying for more help in the future, so you guys are not safe!) loool

Cheers.

Reply to
Hashem Ouaida

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.