CCNP or CCVP?

I am one test away from my CCVP, and I have had my CCNP for about 5 years.

There are no foundational elements from the CCNA that apply to the CCVP, you will be, in essence, starting from scratch.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan
Loading thread data ...

I'm tempted by the CCVP but you don't seem to get a good grounding in the basics of routing & switching which I would assume most clients would want you to know, maybe i'm wrong on that

Reply to
Robin Peters

Hi, I'm planning to get my Cisco professional certificate. My first intention was to take CCNP, but after some thinking I deicide to take CCVP. If I understood correctly CCVP is relatively new Cisco certificate, so I wonder which one has more opportunities to get better job. In another words, I think that IP communication (VoIP) is starting to evolve faster than before. So, I'm right or not. I think that there are much more CCNP people around than CCVP. Should I take CCVP or CCNP? And is the level of knowledge provided by CCNA good enough to understand IPT and VoIP? Cause, I'm new at voice field.

Reply to
SS

So, what studying materials have you used? I noticed that Sybex doesn't have anything for CCVP? The only thing I found are some Cisco materials.... Are thouse exams you took more difficult than CCNP?

Reply to
SS

So, what if I take CCVP first and then CCNP? What do you think about that?

Reply to
SS

No, seriously. CCNP interest me more, but I think that CCVP offers more job opportunities at the moment.

Reply to
SS

I used CIPT, VoIP, IPTT and QOS all from CiscoPress.

For GW/GK, I am writing my own book.

The tests are not 'harder' just different.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I'd say you're not afraid of a challenge!

Reply to
Robin Peters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.