Telephone question

I was just given a 3-line phone to replace a 2-line phone I had (but I only have 2 lines). When the phone is at "rest" the red light is on line 3 constantly. What can I plug into the line 3 RJ connector to turn off that light -- besides a live phone line?

It's a Panasonic 3Line Easa-Phone.

Sheldon snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon
Loading thread data ...

Every phone of that type has some kind of setting to tell it which lines are in use, then you can disable the others and the lights should go out.

There are a number of different "Easa-Phone" models, I suggest going to Panasonic's web site, they have instruction manuals there.

formatting link
good luck Charles

Reply to
Charles P.

Thanks. I get the idea, but I can't find a phone close enough so that the instructions for that phone work.

I'll try Google.

Reply to
Sheldon

As a cheap workaround, consider using a 2-line splitter to wire Line 3 on the phone as an extension of one of the 2 phone lines you have. That line will appear on the phone twice, but so what if you just want to turn out the lite ?

--reed

Reply to
Reed

So turn the phone upside down, read the number and then post it here.

Some of us may have the manual in our files :-)

Carl Navarro

>
Reply to
Carl Navarro

Black Electrical Tape works wonders

Reply to
Touch Tone Tommy

But duct tape is the ultimate repair tool! ;-)

Reply to
James Knott

Certainly superior to frosted cellophane tape.

Reply to
NormanM

But I have no ducks in need of repair...

Reply to
NormanM

I've noticed there's a brand called "Duck Tape" available in the stores. ;-) It comes in various colours.

Reply to
James Knott

Ah yes, but it's only "frosty on the roll. Invisible on the job"

Reply to
Carl Navarro

In article , Carl Navarro writes

Sounds like my previous boss! Phil Partridge snipped-for-privacy@pebbleGRIT.demon.co.uk Remove the grit to reply

Reply to
Phil Partridge

But the light always on will keep running the battery down. (He says from experience.)

Slapping forehead, never thought of tying lines together. Duh.

Reply to
David Ross

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.