LSZH Cabling

Can anybody tell me if there is a standard or regulation that states where the use of Low Smoke Zero Halogen cable is mandatory or not in an install in the UK.

Regards

Gus

Reply to
Gus
Loading thread data ...

Well, I heard that many times from a manufacturer that sells LSZH cables. Don't know the name of the document, but I presume this would be a UK analog of US National Electrical Code. In most cases cable manufacturers will be able to help, call their local rep and say that you want to buy their cables but don't know if you need LSZH or not. If they say "yes", you'd ask if they can prove it (as to filter out excessive sales pitch - LSZH is 30% more expensive than PVC)

Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

formatting link
Can anybody tell me if there is a standard or regulation that states > where

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.cabling

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Not sure if there is or isn't. However, I seem to remember someone telling me that if the building is publicly accessible (e.g. a library) then it must be cabled with LSZH cable.

Reply to
Andy Kelly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.