Setting up my wireless

Don't you have a network configuration wizard in there ?

Look around under Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Wizard

and see what you can find there. You can also try pressing F1 on the desktop and searching for network in the help window.

Reply to
$Bill
Loading thread data ...

Hi guys, Me again :) I need help. I've installed router "Belkin" G 125 Mbps 802.11g

2.4Ghz on my desktop pc over the cable which came in the box with a router and it works good but now I want to make a wireless connection with my Toshiba A60 laptop and share internet connection. But, but how to do it. I was looking and searching for usefull sites but I must confess It was very confusing for me. Problem is that the manual which came with a router doesn't say much. I am sure that it can be done by few clicks so I would be grateful if somebody can simply explain me how to do it.

formatting link
details in the link above) Laptop has built in Atheros AR5004G Wireless Network Adapter.

Thanks to all

Reply to
Ozzie

I forgot to say, my laptop has Windows XP HE and Desktop PC XP Pro

Reply to
Ozzie

Reply to
BigJim

"> does it have an internal wireless or are you going to use a pcmcia card.

Yes laptop has an internal wireless. I have setup the router as it was written. So it looks that everything is ok But laptop (using the software of the internal wireless) does not respond. But I am sure that must be the way to do that using the windows options.

Reply to
Ozzie

Reply to
BigJim

Ok I want to apologize for my stupidity :) My laptop has a switch which is situeted near the RJ45 and other inputs. It was turned to off. The problem was not with the software. So that's why and network setup wizard was giving me the errors. I am trying now to share files between these to computers, I am sharing the internet and it's ok. When I try to access my laptop over the network it says I don't have the rights. What can I do?

Reply to
Ozzie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.