Modem recomend

I signed up for a 6MB service with a rental SB 4100 I get just above

3MB Any one get speeds close the 5-6MB range with what modem? I use comcast in Dallas Texas
Reply to
WFF
Loading thread data ...

SB4100-0.4.4.2-SCM01-NOSH How would I upgrade the firmware? comcast leases modem.

Reply to
WFF

Doesn't matter if you lease or own, the firmware is chosen by the network the modem is connected to.

Reply to
Warren

I've seen greater than 5 Mb/s with a leased SB 4100 (Software version SB4100-1.4.9.0-SCM00-NOSH).

Comcast in Danbury, CT.

Address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

Reply to
Bob Knowlden

In the Comcast forums, a lot of people have reported difficulty getting the higher speeds or 6 or 8 mb with the SB 4100. Some have suggested asking Comcast to lease you a 5100, or buying a modem of your own.

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

I had a online chat and they said it max is 6.5MB and under my plan there was no room to buffer for higher speeds. So I would beable to get 4200 or better. I'm hopeing for the latest one though.

Reply to

I had problems getting the higher speeds and modem would also "lose" the connection repeatedly after the upgrade using the original SB3100 I got when I signed up for the service. After repeated service calls, they finally replaced the modem with a Motorola 5120. Now I get speeds of over 6100+ and modem never loses the connection.

My suggestion is to call them and ask them to bring you a new modem. I was also told you can go to your local office and swap your old modem for a new one.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Riffrafter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.